Wednesday, February 17, 2010


I received this snare with a drum set purchased to rebuild. Rust covered the entire drum. Being chrome, I knew I could clean it and it would turn out looking new. I disassembled the snare keeping all components organized. I cleaned the shell first. Luckily there were no major problems or pieces missing. After everything was clean, I reassembled the drum only replacing the heads.
Other than the initial cost of the drum set, it didn't cost a penny refurbishing. The heads I used were not new but were good for the sound I desired. I used this snare over the weekend in the studio and it sounded amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment